Please find job applications below or applications can be picked up in the Auditor's office. Mon-Tues-Thurs-Fri 8am to 5 pm and Wed 8am to 12:00 Noon. CARROLL COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER GENERAL EMPLOYMENT: Carroll County Custodians - Part time Custodian Carroll County Circuit Court - Deputy Court Reporter - Bailiff Carroll County Superior Court - Deputy Court Reporter - Bailiff - Court Reporter Carroll County Prosecutor's Office - Full time Clerical Assistant Carroll County Health Department - Environmental Health Sanitarian Carroll County Treasurer - Part time Clerical
Carroll Manor -Part Time Cook -Part Time Laundry -Part Time Housekeeping
In accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, Carroll County is required to provide reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities wishing to attend public meetings. Accommodations are available upon request to persons with disabilities who require alternately formatted materials, auxiliary aids, or reasonable modifications to policies and procedures to ensure effective communication and access to the public meetings. If you or someone you know require accommodation to attend the meeting, please call 765-564-1810. Please allow at least two business days to arrange for accommodations.
Carroll County was formed in 1828 and named for Charles Carroll, the last surviving signer of the Declaration of Independence, who died in 1832. The county seat of Delphi was established the same year by General Samuel Milroy. The Wabash and Erie Canal, built through the county in 1840 and operating until the early 1870s, is among the county's most significant historical legacies
The current Carroll County courthouse was designed by Elmer E. Dunlap of Indianapolis, who also designed the Spencer County courthouse. It was constructed by A. E. Kemmer at a cost of about $250,000 from 1916 to 1917. The exterior is understated, but the interior is surprisingly elaborate, including a stained glass dome over a mosaic tile floor. This building is the county's third courthouse. The first was built in 1831-1838. It was replaced by a brick structure in 1856; this building was designed by M. J. McBird of Logansport and had a tower at each corner, including a clock tower. The 730-pound bell from the first courthouse was made in Cincinnati in 1836 and given by Sheriff Samuel Davis Gresham, and was used in the second courthouse until 1916. While the bell was in transit to Lafayette by boat, the boat sank; the bell was later recovered from the Ohio River. It was later sold, but was returned to Carroll County in 1967.
Carroll County Courthouse 101 W. Main Street Delphi, Indiana 46923